Wednesday, January 6, 2010

ode to hair.

for awhile now i have been sans hair (working on nearly 9 months...), though i often feel the way that amputees are said to feel -- that there is a phantom limb, or in my case hair, that is still there. i find myself brushing "hair" off my neck, attempting to bundle together enough hair to tie it up into a ponytail before i heard to bed, or to pull it down before hopping in the shower, and even gracefully pulling my hair over one shoulder from time to time.

i know, it's odd. and though i know i shouldn't even be comparing it to losing a limb, i haven't really heard anything that even sounds similar to what i've been experiencing since losing my hair.

i can deal with it. i tend to wear a hat well, and that has worked to my advantage. clips, styling wax and a little bit of confidence from my family and friends has also helped immensely. every once in awhile, i see a picture, or an occasional commercial, and i really miss my hair. i know, i know, it'll grow back, but it is taking a lot of patience, and i'm not the most patient person in the world.

well, here it is, some of the photos that cause my phantom flowing blond locks to ache.










No comments:

Post a Comment