Sunday, December 27, 2009

ho-ho-holi-delay. (that sounded much better in my head.)

ok, officially a horrible poster/blogger and my dear emily (www.frenchieandflea.blogspot.com) has called me out on it. so, in honor of that, i'm going to get my blogging booty in gear and for now, i am going to do a little play-by-play of some of the FANTASTIC christmas presents i received.

sidenote: truly everything i got was amazing. it was a great year. aside from successful gift-giving and gift-recieving, the day was full of great food, amazing family, laughter and love and it was one for the books. love it. (plus cranium -- always a hit.)

my "fun-in-laws" (a.k.a. boyfriend's family) got me some really great things, including this awesome book that i'm pretty much obsessed with. it's essentially a guide to all things passing us by, such as cash, mix tapes and basketball players in short-shorts, and most ironically -- books. totally right up my alley.

they also got me a couple scarves, one that's a really pretty pashmina-esque burnt orange color, and another little banana republic number that's a light khaki cable-knit neck warmer. totally in love. worn it the past two days.

also, not to be outdone, CP's grandma got me law & order: svu on dvd. season 8. brilliant.

my mom gave me this great mixing bowls for the apartment. and yes, they are indeed ladybugs -- with fancy gripping "spots." totally adorable. and this means that we won't have to use our big ceramic crate & barrel mixing bowls when we just need a quick mix.
my adorable little (well, not too little 17-year-old) brother bought me a book on lifting for women. he's a total ripped gym rat, and is trying to encourage me to get "lean and mean in 2010" as he wrote on the gift tag. he also got me a little composition book for me to use as a workout log. so cute. and SO from him. and practical and encouraging!

in the workout category, i also got the hook-up from my dad and my mom, who i'm planning to do a half-marathon with sometime this coming year. after opening an impressive lululemon box, i was greeted with cute, inspiring gear!

(the one i got is heather grey on the outside and a really pretty bright blue on the inside. big hood. love it.)


also, the boyfriend did a fantastical job this year. truly. so proud of him. i got my favoritest kate spade perfume i had requested. (along with the michael kors i needed a refill on...) CP also replaced a raggedy old marc jacobs tote that most certainly needed an upgrade. and once again, he always does a great job with books and other little tokens of love. i'm glad he's all mine.

little sister brought me a great scarf from italy with of course, it amazingly soft and gorgeous and an amazing deep chestnut-y red color. so pretty. one of those things that i'm almost to nervous to wear -- but, i'm sure i'll get over that quickly.

also, leave it up to my super-cool older sister to rock it out with the always desired weird japanese masking tape. i absolutely love this stuff, and i'm so very glad that she hooked it up for me.

my dad got me a really cute brown michael kors leather tote, which i can't wait to use. kind of surprisingly rustic for kors, much more my vibe than his typical stuff.

in addition, i got some new books, a few things here and there. (a stocking full of cleaning supplies for the apartment -- yay grown up life!) some cute little jewelry piece from my daddy. really fun stuff. overall, things that i really wanted (or didn't even know that i wanted!), but would not likely buy them for myself -- which is exactly what a gift should be.

merry christmas!
or merry december 27th. whatevs.

No comments:

Post a Comment