Thursday, February 10, 2011

here's to you.

she's my bestie. she's my roomie. she's my partner in crime.

and she is offended that she was not mentioned in my "eight months in a hundred and fifty words or less."

so, my dear katie, this is my ode to you.

since the first day of freshman year of high school, you have rocked my world. we bonded over a love for sushi, and you tried to be cool by telling me you surfed. i'm not gonna lie, it impressed me. over those next four years, a strong bond grew -- a love for long-haired men, being the original gangsters of jack johnson, and making sure we were never too cool to worry about embarrassing ourselves. you were always the one of the few in our crew not named "megan," the one who would try and figure out which of our siblings could get married so we'd be legal sisters and you were rad enough to not want to stay in-state for school. not to mention you lived in napa, being the one defender of napa in the frequent sonoma/napa throw-downs.

you are my champagne connoisseur, my master chef, and own more glassware than we will ever know what to do with. you're weird about touching people, despite my attempts to, ya know, touch your arm in passing, or give you the ol' football smack-on-the-ass. you buy a damn good present, and i'm glad we're at that point in our relationship where buying each other jewelery just...seems right. you always have snack packs, you will always share a doctor's examination table with me, and you are a fantastic doctor's appointment companion. oh, and you're a wonderful chemo buddy, no matter the type or timing. and giiiirl, we've done it all.

thank you for all that you are KM.
i love you like a fat kid loves kate.
(get it? instead of "cake" i used your name...)


oh. and thanks for thinking i'm funny. you really boost my self-esteem.

3 comments: